Ok, I don’t normally do “negative” posts.
But I do tell it like it is.
And sometimes you need that.
Someone who will tell you what you NEED to hear
Rather than what you WANT to.
So here’s 10 reasons why your marketing still sucks and you’re not yet signing up those dream clients
1. You’re creating “content” because everyone says you need to. With no clear intention or end result in mind.
2. There’s no strategy behind why you’re creating the content that you’re creating. You’re just following some elses’ “100 blog post ideas” and “3 month social media plan”. Without fully understanding whether or how that applies to YOUR business.
3. You don’t have a cohesive marketing plan. It’s all bits and bobs and pieces you’ve learnt from all over the internet.
4. You’re doing #allTheThings aka blogs, FB, Insta, Podcast… and trying to get them all off the ground at the same time
5. You’re doing #noneOfTheThings – and still in hiding, afraid of showing up, afraid of owning your power.
6. You don’t know your target market as well as you think you do. If you keep cribbing that people love your work but no one’s buying from you – then this is what it means. You don’t know your target market as well as you think you do.
7. You THINK you’re saying all the right things in your marketing content. But you aren’t. Again, if people aren’t buying – then you’re not saying it right!
8. You’ve created awesome, spot on marketing content – but it’s hiding in the attic! You uploaded it to some website – and then forgot about it. So only 3 people on the entire planet ever saw it.
9. You’re trying to follow traditional, manipulative, marketing techniques – that leave you hating yourself and your business – without realizing they’re not meant for you. There is an easier, heart based way of marketing.
10. You outsourced your marketing. To a VA. Or an assitant. Or your cousin. Or your copywriter. Without really understand the how and why of it.
Which of these hold true for you?
Got more to add to this list?
It may sound harsh.
But every once in a while it’s good to have a reality check.
What got you here won’t get you there.
Something’s gotta give, right?
What are you gonna change?
Share with us in the comments below.