Look, I don’t believe in beating around the bush. So I’ll get straight to the point.
Crafting offers that sell like hot cakes – isn’t really about your offers.
The actual ‘offer’ itself is just the tip of the iceberg. The real work is what comes before you craft your offer.
So let’s go back to the basics for a bit. What do you think will make a bakery’s hot cakes sell out in a jiffy? Yes, humor me for minute will ya. What do you think will make a bakery’s hot cakes sell out in a jiffy?
- People have to want hot cakes
- People have to know where the bakery is and that this bakery sells hot cakes at a particular time
- Baker has to bake the cakes
- People have to be AT the bakery when the cakes come out of the oven and are ready for sale
- People have to like and want the cakes that have been baked
- People have to have the cash to buy hot cakes – and pay it to the baker.
How many of these steps involve the baker’s baking a cake? How many of these change when the baker changes the frosting or fondant or the packaging of the cake?
Can you apply that analogy to your business? What makes you think changing your branding or hiring a copy writer or er positioning your offer differently will help you finally make 6-figure sales?
The real secret to crafting offers that sell like hot cakes is
- Target the right market – people who actually WANT & value what you have to sell. Reach out to them, connect with them. Know them better than they know themselves
- Give them what they want. If they want cupcakes with sprinkles on top – they’re not going to be happy with you trying to pitch them a 3 layered pineapple flavored butter cream cake!
- Package it right! Show them what’s in it for them! If your copy goes on and on about all the fancy ingredients of the cupcake but doesn’t quite tell them until 5 pages later whether they’ll get a chocolate cake or red velvet cupcake in the end – duh?!? Or another way to look at it – if you got a box that looked worn and badly shaped – would you open it? Even if the label said that the best evah cupcake in the world … was inside?